Massive holiday ice sculpture of cartoon characters has been unveiled at Moody Gardens.
Iceland Fun Facts
- 17,000 square feet of chilled exhibit space.
- 9 degrees (Fahrenheit) inside the exhibit space
- 900 tons of ice, 42 truckloads, more than 6,000 blocks
- Some sculptures within the exhibit will tower over 30 feet tall
- 28,000 square feet of conditioned interior space (the tent)
Creative Arts & Attractions Ice Carving Artists
Creative Arts & Attractions Ice Carving Team travels around the world to create Ice Sculptures for visitors to enjoy. Our artists are internationally-acclaimed professional ice carvers from the city of Harbin in China, site of the world’s largest ice and snow festival. Many of them started carving with ice while they were still in elementary school. It took them many years of practice with older more experience masters to become career carvers.
Where the ice dreams start to delight guests around the world – Harbin, China